Vanilla Minecraft sometimes in all its glory does not satisfy the experienced adventurer with its limited choice of ores, that is why that this modification is great! It expands your choice of ores and changes the way you go about, and your priorities when mining. This is the GemsCraft Mod for Minecraft 1.4.2 GemsCraft adds seven shiny new and valuable ores to the game. These ores do the same thing that vanilla ores do, you can create weapons, armor; but they also have unlimited uses within the game itself!
GemsCraft Mod Main Features
With the following ores you can create GemStone tools, armor and storage blocks:
- Topaz, Amethyst, Sapphire, Emerald
- Ruby, Pyrite, Black Diamond
- Pyrite is the most useful ore, with only 100 uses.
- Topaz is next in line with 550 uses.
- Amethyst has 600 uses, Sapphire has 650 uses, Emerald has 700 uses.
- However Black Diamond steals the cake with an amazing 2125 uses!
Black Diamonds can only be found in the Nether, 20 layers above bed rock! It is the rarest ore, but also the ore with the most uses! Lit BD blocks are material enchanters. Black Diamond Tools can also be used to light stuff on fire, a great special ability for this special ore!
GemsCraft Mod Pros and Cons!
The positives of this mod are obvious, the addition of new ores is a great way to expand and change the dynamics of the game! A lot of the ores have great and useful features and uses within the game, and it works seamlessly well with vanilla! They’re any negatives with this mod, it does what is says on the tin!
The installation for this mod is rather simple!
- First of all, install Minecraft Forge!
- Put the Gemscraft-XX.zip in the folder called mods.
- You don’t have the remove the META-INF file!
- Close everything and you are done!